The Golden Ring pearl, one of the most ancient cities of Russian Northeast, an open-air museum
City center and surroundings
Suzdal – the Golden Ring pearl, one of the most ancient cities of Russian Northeast, an open-air museum . For the first time will mention in 1024. There are more than 250 town-planning, architectural and historical monuments , in which number about 50 cathedrals and churches in Suzdal, that is under protection of the state.
Saviour Monastery of St. Euthymius
The Saviour Monastery of St. Euthymius was founded in 1352 by the Suzdal-Nizhny Novgorod Prince Boris Konstantinovich, as a fortress, designed to protect the city from external and internal enemies. Originally the monastery was Transfiguration, later became known as the St. Euthymius in honor of the first Abbot of the monastery — the monk Euthymius of Suzdal.
The Suzdal Kremlin is the oldest part of the Russian city of Suzdal, dating from the 10th century. Like other Russian Kremlins, it was originally a fortress or citadel and was the religious and administrative center of the city. It is most notably the site of the Cathedral of the Nativity.